Tuesday 18 October 2011

Chris Scott's Darien Jacket Rides Again!

During a fit of madness at the Ted Simon Foundation launch two weeks again I found myself bidding on and winning (for an undisclosed sum!) the Aerostich Darien jacket worn by Chris Scott in the Desert Riders video.

How cool, I thought, to wear this on our trip and take it back out to the Sahara.  Unfortunately, the jacket didn't have the original protective armour in and as I know from experience it hurts bad enough if you come off with it let alone without. After an email to the company in the States they have come up trumps and a set of there TF pads should be wining there way to me across the Atlantic.

Thanks Aerostich, really appreciated and it will be fantastic to be able to use the jacket.



Kev and Jon have now got heavier duty sump guards, and we're sourcing the final parts and bits of kit.

Less than 4 weeks to go!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment